You can easily find a marketing strategy in the book. In fact, there are hundreds of them. But, when it comes to marketing your bed and breakfast establishment, you need to develop your own strategy. B&B business is new and so, you must adopt new strategies as well.
Putting up a B&B is not easy. If you are the owner, you must take this business seriously because there are a lot of problems that lie ahead of you.
There are several reasons why you need to market your B&B well. Not doing this could jeopardize the chances of your business to grow and attract more customers.
Here are some of the things that you must put in mind as a B&B operator.
- The hospitality and tourism fields are fast changing. People’s needs and demands have changed a lot. It seems that nowadays, it is difficult to attract and satisfy clients. Most tourists now prefer a fast life and perhaps, only a few would love the peace and quiet of a bed and breakfast. You must be creative in making up something that would make your guests return for more.
- There is more competition in the bed and breakfast in Europe compared to the past years. Nowadays, a B&B seems to sprout everyday and if we count them all, there could hundreds of thousands of them in Europe alone. The best way to survive is through joint and cooperative efforts, not individualistic approach.
- Identifying your target market could help you promote your business properly and well. You cannot please everyone. So, for instance, you may focus on elderly couples alone or on families alone. These are the sectors that most B&Bs refuse to cater to. Perhaps, by specializing on servicing them, you would be able to attract more guests.
- To ensure customer satisfaction, a B&B owner must plan strategies to make clients choose his establishment over others. Quality service is not just enough. Vacationers want relaxation and fun and they expect this.
Here are some of the principles that will help you market your products.
- Always make customer satisfaction your top priority. All your efforts must be directed towards satisfying them.
- Always pay attention to what your customers say. Ask guests to evaluate your services so that you would know how to improve them.
- There is a saying that customers are always right. Arguing with your guest will not bring you any good. When you hear complaints, thank them for letting you know that one aspect or several aspects of your business is not good for them.
- There are always differences among clients and you cannot satisfy all. Hence, just select your own niche and develop it as much as you can.
- Customers expect that the services they receive are commensurate to the amount that they pay. A bed and breakfast owner must be able to provide service that customers believe is worth the money they shell out from their pockets.
- In business, products have a life cycle. They are introduced to the market, then they grow and mature, then they decline. Every business man would prefer to make his business continue on growing.
And of course, ensure exposure to overseas clients by having your website included in the list of inns and B&Bs worldwide. To reach 2 million visitors or more each month, have your bed and breakfast listed at the European Leader Bed and Breakfast Euro. Doing so will allow your clients to book online in your B&B, browse reviews about your establishment and reply to queries of potential clients.